Thursday, March 20, 2008

Crazy 8's

Alright several days later and I am finally getting around to the Crazy 8's meme that I swiped from Cup of Coffey. This one was more time consuming than I thought it would be but I really enjoyed it.


8 Things I'm Passionate About
  1. Working Out - I know when you look at my profile pic your first thought isn't "hey this guy is super in shape," but you have to look at where I started. Here is a picture from my heaviest weight. I know its blurry, but you get the idea. Now after seeing this, look at my profile pic again. I've lost 70 pounds so far and would like to lose 30-40 more.
  2. The Biggest Loser - My fatty picture on the right should be a pretty good indication of why I'm so passionate about this show. I know its just a dumb reality show, but the results those people achieve are really amazing. That show always makes me a little emotional.
  3. Cooking - Again my weight loss probably plays into this answer. My mom always believed that her sons needed to know how to cook, so that was something that we did together. I've always enjoyed cooking, but now I'm really into finding ways to make my cooking healthier.
  4. Books - I love to read. My parents read to me alot when I was young and it has always stuck with me. I typically read a minimum of one book a week.
  5. Music - Wow, isn't music amazing? One song can change your mood completely. I love when you find a song that just perfectly describes how you are feeling.
  6. My friends - They are more important to me than I could ever even begin to describe.
  7. Road trips - I really believe that its the journey not the destination.
  8. Coffee - I can't imagine a day that doesn't start without coffee

8 Things I want to do before I die

  1. Write and publish a book
  2. Live in London for a year - My mom says that when I talk about London my eyes sort of glaze over and its as if I've found my mothership
  3. Skydive - I really want to do this. Here's my problem with the concept. For me to actually do this I would essentially be saying to someone" Hi, I would like to pay you to take me up in a plane. Then instead of safely bringing me back down, I want to have to jump out of said plane with a device ,that may or may not open, strapped to my back as my only method of safe landing.
  4. Run a marathon
  5. Travel to all 50 states
  6. Watch all the Godfather movies in one sitting - I like these movies individually and I don't know why this is on my list. For some reason, I'm intrigued by spending an entire day watching all of these movies back to back.
  7. Learn to play guitar well - well being the key word here. Enough said.
  8. Get a tattoo - I know I want one and I know where I want it. I'm just so indecisive on what tattoo I want

8 Things I say often

  1. I know right
  2. Well hello
  3. Dag yo!
  4. Hey lady face
  5. Cool cool
  6. Glug glug good times
  7. Its a thing...it could be
  8. Drunkaroo

8 Books I've Read Recently

  1. Love Monkey
  2. The Best Life Diet
  3. Fight Club
  4. The Catcher In the Rye
  5. Soon I'll Be Invincible
  6. The Scarlett Letter
  7. Bitten
  8. Stolen

8 Songs I could listen to over and over

  1. "Walkin on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves
  2. "Hang" by Matchbox20
  3. "Crazy" by Patsy Cline
  4. "I Will Survive" by Cake
  5. "Bother" by Stone Sour
  6. "God Bless the Broken Road" by Rascall Flats
  7. "Nothing Compares 2 U" by Sinead OConnor
  8. "Hey Jealousy" by Gin Blossoms

8 Things that attract me to my best friends

  1. their senses of humor
  2. their intelligence
  3. their kindness
  4. their unwavering devotion
  5. their ability to take the smallest moment and turn it into something hysterical
  6. the way they know which "i'm ok" means I'm ok and which one doesn't
  7. the way they want me to be in a relationship, but don't push me on it...not just yet
  8. the way they tease me about Buffy the Vampire Slayer

8 things that drive me crazy

  1. People who don't use their turn signal, or use it at the last moment
  2. When people leave up posters/flyers/signs for events that have already occured
  3. People who lie (particularly dumb stuff)
  4. People who ask too many questions during a movie
  5. People who travel, but then avoid the experiences of the place they travel to
  6. My cell phone
  7. Text messages
  8. Insomnia

8 People I think should go all Crazy 8s on us (the celebrity edition)

  1. Sarah Silverman
  2. Tim Gunn
  3. Hillary Clinton
  4. Joss Whedon
  5. Chuck Palahniuk
  6. Rob Thomas - the television writer not the singer, although the singer too, either or really
  7. Joni Mitchell
  8. Anderson Cooper

No comments: