Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Not another meme!!

I was going to try to do some more regular posting on here and I was going to try to not resort to the meme, but alas, that has not been the case. What can I say? I like memes. I'm a little on the OCD side so the structured format of a meme is appealing to me. Also, you know its about me, so any chance to go on about myself...hooray! (just kidding, sorta). I swiped this meme from the always delightful Cup of Coffey. She was one of the first blogs I started reading on a regular basis and is one of my favorites to this day.
One thing about this meme, the number scheme in it really messed with my OCD tendencies. There are 6 categories, 2 of them didn't have a set number, 3 of them are 5, one was 3.... grrr, arrgh! In spite of that, however, I will try to work through it. I wouldn't want to deprive anyone from the opportunity to learn more about me (haha!)

1. Ten Years Ago
I was 21, living in a crazy resort town. I was a manager for Polo Ralph Lauren. I had a great group of friends and we were an insane group. Literally, everyday was work all day, drink all night, and often we were getting home in time to shower, change our clothes, and go back to work. Some really fond memories of that time, but I couldn't (and wouldn't want to) keep up that pace now.

2. 5 Things on Today's to do List
A. Workout - didn't get the full workout in, but I walked my entire lunch break today
B. Put Away laundry - one of my least favorite chores, but its mostly done
C. Grocery store - done
D. Catch up on my email - done
E. Make a posting on here - when I'm done with this, this one will be done

3. If I were a Billionaire
The original meme didn't have this one numbered, but I'm gonna take cup of coffey's idea and run with it. So I've made this one a 5 things also...
A. Debt Free anyone? I'd pay off all of my debts, and those of my family, and a couple of close
friends.
B. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. There'd be some going back to school.
C. Take this job and shove it. I'd quit my job. Not that I don't want to work, and not that I
don't like my job, I would just want to do some other things first (like focus on the school
thing)
D. Roam if you want to. Before I went back to school, I would love to take a year and travel.
E. Oprah's Big Give. Would love to just be able to give some money to the organizations that I
try to support. Also, would love to set up some organizations of my own. While we're at it,
the financial independence would allow me to give alot more of my time.

4. 3 Bad Habits
A. Smoking - I know, I know...enough said
B. Procrastination - Let me tell you some stories about how bad my procrastination habit is..
actually, I'll just tell you later
C. TV watching - I'm not saying tv watching is a bad habit, I'm saying the amount of tv I
watch is excessive. A light night of tv for me is a night that I only have 3 hours worth of
shows

5. 5 Places I've Lived
A. Kansas City, Missouri
B. Branson, Missouri
C. Columbia, Missouri
D. Osage Beach, Missouri
E. Jefferson City, Missouri
Alas, I've never lived out of the state

6. 5 Jobs I've Had (in no particular order)
A. Waiter, Ruby Tuesday's
B. Assistant Manger, Polo Ralph Lauren
C. Merchandising Manager, Old Navy
D. Call Order Processor, MBS textbooks
E. Sales clerk, Hallmark store

As always I'm not gonna tag anyone, but if you do this one let me know.

1 comment:

Cup said...

*snort*

The messed-up numbered bothered me, too, but I decided to keep most of it as I received it.

Don't you miss those early twenties when your body needed more alcohol than sleep?