Friday, February 29, 2008

Oh Yes It's Ladies Night

So the ladies were up tonight and the theme was the 70s, just like it was for the guys. I have to say I feel like the guys had a better night than the ladies, but regardless, here is my ranking of the performances.
  1. Brooke White - "You're So Vain" by Carly Simon...My friend Shane is sick of hearing about this one. From the beginning I have said that Brooke has a very Carly Simon/Carole King vibe about her. I also said that I wanted to hear her sing this very song. Brooke is hot, talented, and seems very genuine.
  2. Carly Smithson - "Crazy on You" by Heart...two of my least favorite Heart songs were performed tonight, but this was the better performance of the two. Carly is Irish and I feel about her the way I feel about Michael Johns.
  3. Ramiele Malubay - "Don't Leave Me This Way" by Thelma Houston....This song always puts me in a good mood and Ramiele's performance was no exception. Plus she is smokin hot.
  4. Syesha Mercado - "Me and Mr. Jones (changed from Mrs.)" by Billy Paul... She had really good vocals, but I just didn't like it. Sung by a guy I really like this song, and part of the reason is that it is a little bit provocative since it is MRS Jones, a married lady. Mister on the other hand does not necessarily mean married in Syesha's version and that took away from the song for me. I know that's a dumb reason to not like the song, but its my blog.
  5. Kristy Lee Cook - "You're No Good" by Linda Ronstadt.... She improved a lot over last week. This seems to be closer to her as a singer. I bet she'll do good at country.
  6. Alaina Whitaker - "Hopelessly Devoted to You" by Olivia Newton John...I love this song and this girl reminds me of Carrie Underwood. Me and my friends call her Carrie Light. I liked it, but it reminded me that I really liked it when Kristin Chenoweth (Pushing Daisies) sings it. The entire scene on Pushing Daisies is really cute, with Kristin's performance being interrupted throughout.
  7. Asia'h Epperson - "All by Myself" by Celine Dion...I am always nervouse when someone on here tries to pull off a Celine (or a Whitney), but she did alright. She didn't knock it out of the ballpark, but I don't think she needs to worry about being sent home...there was definitely worse.
  8. Alexandrea Lushington - "If you Leave Me Now" by Chicago...Like her, like the song, didn't love the performance. This didn't seem to be a good fit for her.
  9. Kady Malloy - "Magic Man" by Heart....I'll say this for her, she does a FIERCE Britney Spears impression. Other than that, I don't like her attitude, don't love this song, wouldn't mind to see her go.
  10. Amanda Overmyer - "Carry On My Wayward Son" by Kansas...I really like this rocker chick. Love the crazy hair. Her outfits are a little over the top and not in a good way. This was a really bad performance. I hope she stays in the competition, but wow was she off her game.

Idol Update - I was completely wrong on the girls cuts. I predicted Kady Malloy and Amanda Overmyer, but the girls sent home were......Alexandrea Lushington and Alaina Whitaker (my little Carrie Light....no!). Oh well, better luck next time.

No comments: